Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The official end of the 2010 Growing Season

Well, it was bound to happen.  You could see your breath by 7pm and the sky had a space-ice kind of clarity.  When I woke up this morning, not only Jack, but Jill, June and Jennifer Frost, his wife, daughter and cousin on his father's side respectively, had all made an appearance.  They made short order of the fields, ran up and down the tomato patch, sat (?) on the blueberries, and took an ice cream dump on the red raspberries.  So long folks, we'll see you next year!

Spent all day yesterday working on a spreadsheet for one of my accounts.  Came out great, but it wasn't till 12 midnight, when my friend James called me, that I was able to figure out a little hiccough in it that was preventing the numbers working correctly.  God bless him for doing that.

Today, I'm committed to getting some outdoor chores done.  There is so much to do that it can be a little overwhelming, but I'm just going to dive in and get started, probably the most important thing I can do.

The good thing about the frost...now that I know those asparagus ferns are dead, I'm going to cut them back and cover the whole row with that beautiful manure.

No comments: